This Institute is the 14th in a series of Summer Institutes in phenomenology of particle physics started in Japan in 1995. It will be held at Chi-Tou, located in central Taiwan's Nantou County, mainly as an activity of the National Center for Theoretical Sciences of Taiwan.
It will consist of lectures as well as seminars by participants
on the following topics:
electroweak physics, old and new methods in QCD, AdS/CFT, physics beyond the Standard Model, supersymmetry breaking.
Invited lecturers include:
- Jens Erler (UNAM, Mexico)
- Koji Hashimoto (RIKEN, Japan)
- David Kosower (CEA Saclay, France)
- Hitoshi Murayama (UC Berkeley, USA and IPMU, Japan)
- Yasunori Nomura (UC Berkeley, USA)
- Alex Pomarol (IFAE Barcelona, Spain)
- David Shih (IAS Princeton, USA)
- Chien-Peng Yuan (MSU Michigan, USA)
The aim is to trigger discussions among the participants, which may blossom into new ideas and collaborations.